Barley Flour Sugar Cookies
1 cup butter
2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
2 1/2 cups sifted barley flour
1. Cream butter and sugar together. Then, beat in egg. Add vanilla, salt, and sifted flour and mix until all ingredients are well blended.
2. Chill cookie dough for 1 hour before rolling out.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Roll dough out 1/4 inch thick and cut out with desired cookie cutter.
4. Bake 8-10 minutes. Cookies will be slightly brown in color due to the barley flour.
5. Remove from cookie sheets and cool on wire rack.
NOTE: Cookies are delicious plain, but if you wish to frost them, wait until they are completely cool.